Young Adult Council (YAC) is a statewide community led council with a hands-on/internship approach that will provide young adults the opportunity to participate in a realistic policymaking environment.
YAC will be comprised of a small group of participants and include a three-part teaching series, with each part of the teaching series being six weeks. The teachings will take place both in-person and hybrid. There will be a Fall, Spring, and Summer session. If transportation assistance is needed, transportation funds/ (i.e., bus tickets) may be available.
YAC utilizes the following teaching methods:
• Lectures, Group Discussions, PowerPoint Presentations
• Videos, Guest Speakers, and Fieldtrips
YAC provides interactive learning experiences:
• Exploring different advocacy initiatives
• Networking with legislators
• Trips to local city council meetings, Mayor’s offices to meet with local representatives
• A trip to the Ohio State House to meet our state representatives
• Visits to our Ohio Statewide Independent Living Council and Disability Rights Ohio offices
• An opportunity to experience a NCIL Conference